Thursday, January 10, 2013




Hey everyone!

Here is another Creative JumpStart Project that I completed last weekend.  It is CJS number 7, taught by Louise Nelson.  Louise showed us three different brands of crackle paint and ways to use them for backgrounds.  I had some Distress Crackle and some Crackle Accents to play around with, and this is what I made:

 
 
For the background I  started with plain white paper, painted on a blob of Crackle Accents and let it dry.  After letting a light coat of gesso dry over the crackle, I sprayed on several layers of various colors of Distress Reinker mixed with Perfect Pearls and water in a mini mister.  The background behind the It's Your Day stamp is one I dug out of my stash of Distress Ink experiments.  The colors were right, and I was happy to use it.  I layered everything up with some coordinating papers from my stash and added another stamp and that was that. 
 
Here is a close up of the background that shows the crackling a bit better:
 


 
 
I love the texture of the background, but you have to look pretty close to see the crackle.  With some of the other crackle mediums that Louise demonstrated, the crackling was much more pronounced.  I would love to try some of those out, too. 
 
I am excited to have some time to work in my craft room this weekend, and try out some more of the fabulous techniques that I am learning from the Creative Jump Start program.   
 
 
I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
 
Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. That looks great Elizabeth!!! So glad your are having fun with all the Creative Jump Start techniques!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!