Sunday, January 13, 2013

Playoff game or post....



Hi All,

Post won out.  Actually, I am watching the game as well, so everybody wins.  (Right now, my team is winning, so it's ALL good!)  

The card I am going to share today was made using a techniqe taught by Karen Ellis in Creative Jump Start # 9.  Karen did a great instructional video showing something I had never seen done before, mono printing with gel plate.  This looked like so much fun, I couldn't wait to try it.  I did a little searching on-line, and found the re-usable Gelli-plate that she used, available at Dick Blick for $27.00.  Oh boy, that is pretty expensive for something I don't know if I will ever use again.  So I put on my thinking hat, and came up with some alternatives. 

I used a piece of craft foam as my mono print plate.  It was free, which is my favorite price for experiments!  (I have a tray of gelatin in my fridge ready for more experiments.  I'll post any successful results after I find time to try it out.)

I won't give you the steps for mono printing, since I am such a beginner, but I will show you the card I made:

 
 
 Here is what I did to create this card:
 
Mono print with two blue acrylic paints and DecoArt pearlizer with two 'over' stencils in white (snowman and dots), added some Distress Inks,  cut out separate snowman stencil, mask it and ink it, ink it with a stencil and add Shapie marker details, attach transparency snowflakes (the leftover pieces of a different stencil) to  the background, pop up the cut out snowman, add sentiment with Ranger Archival in black, cut scalloped edge with Sizzix TH Alterations die, layer it all up with scrap papers from my stash and stick it on a card.  Whew... 
 
It took longer to make than it took to describe, which was really long, (sorry!), and it still looks like it was done by a third grader, but I kind of love it anyway.
 
(I made the stencil for the snowman by shadowing and joining the base layer of a Scrappy Dew snowman file using Make the Cut software.  I love having a new use for all of my really fun Scrappy Dew files! )
 
Thanks for sticking with me for this long.  The next post should be shorter!
 
Elizabeth
 
PS - My Patriots just won the playoff game!  Go Pats!!!!!

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!