Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A snowflake share



Happy Halloween, Everyone!

I have a little treat for anyone who might want to try out a new file.  Today I am sharing SVG files for four Rosette Snowflakes that I have designed recently.  I have seen different versions around the web recently, and I just HAD to try to make some, because I love, love, love making paper snowflakes! 

Here is a photo of the ones I have made so far:


I used some subtly printed Christmas paper from a Recollections stack, and lightly inked the edges to add just a bit of color and age.  To make the rosette, I accordian folded the long strip, and used quick dry glue to adhere the edges.   This makes a circle, which I flattened to form the rosette.  I flipped it over and attached the one inch plain circle to the back with hot glue (I think that this is the first time I have used my hot glue gun in about a year, and I didn't eve burn my fingers!)  I held it together tightly while it dried.  I attached the fancier circle shape to the front, using quick dry glue.  To finish off my snowflakes, I rubbed on some Icicle Stickles with my finger to add a little sparkle.   

I think these will make very pretty ornaments and package decorations.  I am thinking of all kinds of ways to embellish them.  Buttons, pearls, or rhinestones would be great,  or maybe some tulle attached to the back. 

 If you would like to make some, you can grab the files here: Rosette Snowflakes Files

Hope you all have a great evening!

Elizabeth

Update:  I just read the November/December issue of the Cutting Edge Magazine from cover to cover and saw that they are featuring some really  pretty variations of the Rosette snowflakes.  You might want to check it out if you don't already have a subscription.  You can purchase either monthly or annually.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh thank you - so very nice - thank you for sharing - I have wanted some of these for a long time - I just love rosettes

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!