Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Eggs from SVG Cuts



Hello Everyone!  As you can see, I am getting ready for Easter a bit early this year.  When I saw this project at http://www.svgcuts.com/, I just had to purchase the Poplar Street set.  I am in love with these eggs!  They were fairly easy to assemble, especially after watching the video.  I have been really happy with all my purchases from SVG Cuts.  The sets are always thoughtfully put together, with many different elements.  I find their dimensional projects to be especially innovative and beautiful. 

I didn't do anything special with these eggs, as far as embellishing them, as I really love the patterned papers that I used. ( mostly Recollections and  K & Co.) As a matter of fact, the blue egg originally had ribbon around its middle, and a ribbon bow on top.  Then I remembered the free paper bow file, aslo from SVG Cuts, and I liked it so much on the other eggs that I removed all the ribbon from the blue one.  Luckily, the ATG tape is pretty removable, if you get to it within a few hours! 

 I added a big rhinestone to the top of each egg.  Actually, the yellow egg is a bit different.  I made some "gems" with the last of the overcooked UTEE that I mentioned in my last post, by dropping it from the Melting Pot onto a Teflon mat and letting it cool. 

Here are the eggs with the tops removed, ready to be filled with candy:

I hope my DDs and the PU's (parental units) love them as much as I do! 

Have a fabulous week!

Elizabeth
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Elizabeth...These are PRECIOUS!!! I LOVE them!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your voice of support for Dawn & Sherri...they ARE amazing ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Miss Penny! I'm happy to offer my words of support to Sherri and Dawn.

      Delete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!