Saturday, January 28, 2012


Hi!
Yesterday I noodled around with my Wacom Craft tablet and the  Corel Paint software that was bundled with it digi papers.  Then I checked the Use It Tuesday blog to see the latest challenge.  Since it is "All About Love", I decided to use some of my newly designed papers to make a Valentine"s card. 

I used  Make-the-Cut software's texture feature to fill some hearts with the paper I had designed, and used my Black Cat Cougar cutter to do a print and cut of the hearts.  I can really save on ink using this method, as I only print the shapes I need, rather than printing a whole page.  I foiled an additional heart using my Foil Master.  I was totally uninspired by all of these hearts, and decided to dig out my scraps and make the card you see here. 


I used an assortment of unknown paper scraps. The red backgrounds were embossed with my Sizzix Big Kick and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The stamp on the front is by Stampin' Up.  I used Crayola colored pencils to color it.
I worked on another couple of projects this afternoon.  Here is a little journal I made with more craft paper scraps as pages:

And here is a repurposed sketchbook that DD #2 cleared out of her room recently.  I decorated the cover, and plan to use it as a design book:


I think she may want it back, now!

Happy Weekend,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!