This is a follow up to my last post, with even more photos of the projects I have made from the leftovers from the recent Black Cat US forum's January Card Crop. I was able to turn a large pile of scraps into several additional cards and projects. Here are my remaining projects:
I made this gatefold thank you card and matching envelope using several different gold and yellow papers. The paper on the outside of the card was rather plain before I stamped it with the swirl pattern. Now I really like it.
I made these two 4" note cards with scraps from a "tiled" card that I made for the challenge. These are really more in the spirit of the challenge than my original card. For the original, I printed and foiled 9 co-ordinating images and attached two "window" layers over them to give a tiled effect. For the note cards, I stamped the "panes" that were cut out from the "windows" and attached them to the card fronts.
I made these tags with the leftover from both the Pocket Watch Card challenge, and the Tiled Card Challenge. Since I was using my Black Cat Foil Master for the first time during this crop, not all of my foiled images were perfect. I cut out the ones that I liked, and made more Christmas tags with them. I'm finding it really challenging to get good photos of the foiling. All of the images are as bright and shiny as the bottom tag, in real life.
Using more scraps from the Pocket Watch Card, and the Sketch Challenge card, as well as a scalloped piece from my scrap box, I made this get well card. I used the pen tool in my Black Cat Cougar to do the lettering. I find using the pen tool so much easier than cutting and pasting lettering.
This is one of my favorite cards. I used scraps from the Ribbon Flower Card challenge to make this Valentine's card. I embossed the craft paper and the pink pape using my Sizzix Big Kick. I checked my little drawer of hardly used rivets and brad and found the brads. I used my new Tim Holtz distresser tool to distress the edges of the papers before inking the edges. I also highlighted the embossed heart and added some extra ink to "shabby" it up.
This concludes my "scrap projects from crop leftovers" series. This weekend I am going to polish up a couple of envelope cut files that I have been working on. As soon as I have them where I like them, I will share them with you.