Sunday, January 22, 2012

Leftovers, Anyone?

Hi All,

Hope you are enjoying your day.

During the last week, I have been working on challenges from the Black Cat US Forum January Card Crop.  Kathy B did a terrific job organizing this crop, with a goal of pumping up our card stashes.  Here is a photo of all of the cards that I completed for the crop:


As usual, I had a blast working on these projects with the forum gang.  Also as usual, when I was finished, I had a big pile of leftover paper.  Instead of putting it all away in my scrap drawers and boxes, I worked all day yesterday and more this morning on projects to use it up. 

I will be posting photos of my projects over the next few days, so stay tuned.  Here are a few:


I made five coasters with the leftover images from my "patriot" card.  I always like to print a whole page of images, when doing print and cuts, so I don't end up with a ton of plain white paper scraps.  I'm not sure why I printed 6 of the same image, but it worked out ok.  Here is a photo of the coasters that I made with simple layered circles.  It is surprising how well these soak up condensation from glasses in the summer.. 




I made these note cards for Challenge 10 of the crop, which was to use scraps from any or all of the ohter challenges to make a set of small notecards.  (I admit it - This was my challenge, LOL)   The card bases are the only previously uncut piece of paper that I used all weekend.  I need to buy some off white paper for making envelopes.  You can barely see the envie against my white back drop. 


Finally for today, I made these four cards and envies using scraps from CeCe's Accordian Birthday Card challenge.  I didn't think I would ever use this paper for anything crafty, as it was purchased for a school project for DD #1 and I thought it was ugly.  These ended up being one of my favorite projects.  I put a white vinyl dot in the center of the red brads which form the O.  They were plain originally, but the card really looked like "Hell"!  LOL




I used also used craft paper left over from my Caramel Corn Bag Toppers.  I stitched two pieces of it together with my sewing machine to make each card base.  Surprisingly, it was the first time I had ever used my sewing machine to make a card. 

My big discovery for the weekend is that decorating the envelopes is a great way to use up those little scraps.  I will be doing lots more of this. 

Well, I'm off to the store to buy some chips for the AFC Championship game that starts at 3:00.  GO PATRIOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!