Saturday, February 13, 2016

Adding to....



... my stash of Christmas cards!  Hi everyone!  Happy Saturday!  It is deeply cold here in New Hampshire, and the perfect weekend to spend time in my craft room catching up on Christmas cards. Merry Monday Challenge #191 is "chalkboard".  


 
Using a Tim Holtz stamp, I stamped white pigment ink on black cardstock. While it was still wet, I sprinkled on Ranger Frosted Crystal embossing powder.  I heated it lightly with my heat gun, keeping it "crystally". (rather than the shiny smooth effect that occurs if it gets overheated. This took a few tries!) 
 
I layered up some papers from my scrap drawer, and embossed the layers under the chalkboard element with my Big Shot and a snowflake embossing folder.  I like the subtle detail that it adds.  (so subtle that you probably can't even see it in the photo!)
  

Here is the inside, featuring another Tim Holtz stamp. 

I'm happy to have another Christmas card in the "bank"!

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay warm!

Elizabeth



1 comment:

  1. Great sentiment card for the Chalkboard technique, thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!