Thursday, December 3, 2015

"The faster I go...



... the behinder I get" is just one of the many clichés that apply to my life at any given time.  I really feel it a this time of year, when I am trying to pack in as much Christmas fun as possible. 

I have completed the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge through week 8, but boy, I am struggling time to catch up to Linda, who posted her week ten inspiration tag earlier this week.   I am still behind on my Christmas decorating, too.  Oh well, I certainly could have worse problems! 

This is what my week eight project looked like when I though it was finished the week before Thanksgiving:

As I looked at the photo, I decided that it didn't quite look "done".  So I went back to the craft room and added a few more details, and got this result:


See, I really do make two projects for each challenge! I added some faux stitching and Tim Holtz Remnant rubs.  You can pick up lots of Tim Holtz product, including the tiny little mirrored stars at the Funkie Junkie Boutiqe, the generous sponsor of the challenge.  



Other products I used include Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper, Distress Inks, Distress Embossing Ink, Wendy Vecchi Fern Green Embossing Powder, Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder (on the faux stitching, just because I wanted to see what would happen) Glossy Accents, and Picket Fence and Iced Spruce Distress paint as "snow" on the tree. 

Here is Linda's amazing inspiration tag.  I was inspired by the trees and the red flourishes.  Honestly, I was inspired by everything, but I could only fit so much on my little rectangles.  I think you will be seeing some of the fishtail banners later on in another space.  Fishtail banners are one of my favorite elements ever!   Here are my two printer's trays:



You may notice that I changed the week one pieces.  These two are the ones I made originally, and I'm glad I kept them after making the others, as over time, I decided that I love them more than the ones I previously posted.  Here's a close up of one of them:

The Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste is luscious, and I added some extra Glossy Accents to the die cut text. 

Thanks for visiting today!

Happy Crafting!

Elizabeth






3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that gold embossing paste, what a wondrous shine! I love the stitching you added to the first one there, it really helps to frame that beautiful little tree! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorated your tree with the flourish! Very clever and so cute. The rub ons and the faux stitching are terrific additions. It looks lovely in your printer's tray!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your take on this tag...the flourish is so cleverly placed over that snowy tree! I do think I like the exchanged week one piece in the tray better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!