Friday, September 4, 2015

A touch of Gold...



Hi Everyone!

The current challenge over at Frilly and Funky is "A Touch of Gold" and I finally found time to make a project. I sure have missed playing along with the Frilly and Funkie gang. 

I decided to alter a smallish wall hanging that I picked up on sale somewhere or other.  It is a simple 8 inch metal square with a hanger on the back.  I wasn't in love with the image on it, so I gave it a quick coat of spray paint, and started layering it up with all of my favorite things.  Stamping, stenciling, embossing, vintage book paper, a vintage family photo, Idea-ology, hand dyed seam binding, and of course, a touch of gold.

Here is the finished piece:

For my gold element, I used the double embossing technique with embossing powder coated embossing paste, as well as a coating of Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste, and some touches of Tarnished Brass Distress Stain.   I like how this frames the layered image. 

Here is a close up of the gold layers.  There is lots going on there!  I really like the rich gold of the Wendy's embossing paste, as it peeks out from behind the Distress Stain.  The embossing powder over embossing paste gives a texture that I am really happy with.  I will definitely be trying that again. 


I really like this combo of Idea-ology pieces.  I added a circle of embossed paper to the back of the "monocle" so that the Remnant Rub would stand out against the vintage book page. 

I tied everything together with some splatters of Distress ink mixed with water. 

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Positively, utterly wonderful Elizabeth!!! LOVE this. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!