Monday, April 13, 2015

I have fallen for mini-albums!



Happy Monday, Everyone!

It is finally feeling like Spring here in New England.  It is a sunny, breezy 70 degrees outside!  I haven't had a lot of time for actual crafting lately, but I have been able to spend lots of time on-line, researching DIY mini-albums and journals.  Hooray for Pinterest and YouTube! 

I have determined that for using up my vast stacks of accumulated paper, mini-albums can't be beat.  While I love to make cards, I find that it just doesn't use up enough paper.  I love buying paper, but until I use up a big percentage of what I already have, I'm determined not to buy more.

The first mini that I have completed is a simple one.  There are lots of complicated binding methods out there, but this little album was as simple as could be to put together. 


It measures 6x6 inches, and is tied with a pretty bow.  I believe the papers are from Recollections, but I'm not sure, as I removed them from their packaging some time ago. 

 
 The front flap features a mini within a min album.  It was folded from a single piece of paper, with just a couple of cuts. 


There are lots of flip out pages to add photos and journaling, and plenty of opportunity to use up my coordinated papers. 


 
 I added another mini page set to the opposite flap.

More flipping to get to the center.
Here is the mini, all "flipped out". 
 
 And more coordinated paper on the back. 


I found the tutorial for this album here.  I changed it up just a bit, by cutting the covers at 6x6 inches, rather than the recommended 5.5 inches, and adding the little inserts, and the ribbon closure.  The instructions for the single folded page booklets can be seen on the Graphic 45 website, here.  Scroll down the page a bit to find a pictorial. 

I am planning to make a half dozen or so of these albums as graduation gifts for my daughter's friends.  I will be keeping them simple, and gifting them along with a mini tape dispenser, so that they can add their own photos. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back soon, with more albums to share.  Until then, have a beautiful week!

Elizabeth

PS.  For those of you looking for my art journal pages, I added a separate page to my blog just for those photos.  There is a tab at the top of the page. 

1 comment:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!