Monday, November 10, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 45



Happy Monday, Everyone.

Best wishes for a bright and shiny new week!  I was so busy with my Funkie Junkie tag posts last week, that I forgot to post my Documented Life Project Journal page.

Here it is:


Last week's challenge was to add a tab to our page.  I was so enthralled with creating pieces for my Funkie Junkie inspired printer's tray, that I didn't want to spend too much time on my journal.  I reached for my box of backgrounds and found a slew of forgotten index tags that I had used for experimenting and mopping up inks.  This one already had lovely fall colors and a cool water bleached Distress background.  I brightened it up with some more Distress Inks, used Tarnished Brass Distress Stain to stamp on some maple leaves, and added some hand lettering and a narrow border.  Pretty simple, but I love it!  (and the tab was built in!)

Here is a closer look at the lettering:


I counted up that stack of inky index cards, and found that I have enough to do all of next year's DLP pages!  I'm not sure at this point whether I will order another Moleskin planner, or just figure out how to bind them myself, but I am pretty excited about using up this stash. 

I wish you all a wonderful week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!