Friday, October 31, 2014

Wrapping up my giant card project...




Happy Good Day, Everyone!

Today, I am posting the last samples of the 70 cards I finished recently for the residents of a local assisted living facility.  As I type, they are on their way to their intended recipients.  I hope they enjoy receiving them as much as I enjoyed making them. 

 Bargain bin stamp.  My favorite of the season, I think.
 Scraps and twine
 Playing with inset die cuts.  So easy with my Silver Bullet Pro cutter.
 Digging into my drawer of strippy scraps. 
 Some more strippy scraps, in a different layout. 
 Circle punches.  I used the background embossing folder from Darice a bunch of times for these cards. 
 I used my only die for this card.  It is a cute border by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.  Must have been a really good sale, because I never buy dies.  Don't need them with my Silver Bullet Pro cutter.
 Embossed scraps, and a "Smash" element. 
 A popped up embossed leaf, and a border stamp. 
A popped up pumpkin and one of the very few fall sentiment stamps I was able to come up with.  Luckily it was in my stash, since no matter how hard I searched, I couldn't find any new ones to buy.  Stamp designers take note!  We need more Fall stamps.  Not Halloween or Thanksgiving, but Fall!

My goal was to use up lots of my collection of scraps.  Mission accomplished, as I made quite a dent in my drawers of Fall colored scraps.  Otherwise, other than the card bases, I only cut up one "whole" piece of paper. 

Thanks for stopping by today to look at my cards. I may have a few more Autumn projects to post, provided I can find time to take photos, and then it will be on to Christmas!  I have already started my Christmas crafting.  Can't wait to do more!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, you are so very organized and the art you share, whether altered pieces or cards, is always so inspiring! Thank you for that - I may not always comment, but I am always liking ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!