Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Documented Life Project weeks 39 and 40



Hello Everyone!

Can you believe that it is already October?  I sure can't!

I have been keeping up with the weekly Documented Life Project challenges, although I didn't have time to post last week's page until now:

The week 39 challenge was to add splatters and drips.  I didn't manage to get "loose" enough to do both, but I did add splatters to an Inktense block water color that I cut into pieces and arranged on a contrasting piece of cardstock.  Some hand lettering and doodled borders finished off this simple page. 

The week 40 Documented Life Project challenge was to use three colors that I seldom use.   Well, I had to take a look back through my journal to see which colors I have been neglecting.  I ended up counting all of the primary and secondary colors to see which I should use for this challenge.  Turns out I am a bit low on yellow, orange and purple. 

For this page, I recycled lots of items, including the background paper, the ribbons, paint chips, and the sticky plastic backing from heat transfer vinyl.  I added some glitter, alcohol inks, Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs an alcohol inked plastic sticker and Sharpie lettering and sketchy border.  I colored up the white and purple background paper with Distress Inks and paints, and some gesso. 

Hope you have a terrific start to your week.  Be creative!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!