Sunday, July 13, 2014

Under the gun, but I got some cards done!



Hello folks!

Tried to get this in before Sunday rolled around, but a busy day and an evening of socializing kept me from posting my cards.  For the first  time since January, I got behind on my card making.  Today, I finished five Christmas cards that I started a couple of weeks ago, and made five more miscellaneous cards to share today.

For this card, I busted out my file drawer of paper strips and made a double row of fishtail banners.  I found the scalloped polka dot rectangle in my die cuts box, stamped a sentiment on parchment, and added some melted Perler bead dots, a couple of brads and a bit of ribbon. 


This card has first and second generation background stamping with Worn Lipstick Distress ink, along with some scrappy strips, a sentiment cut with my Silver Bullet digital die cutter, and some more melted Perler dots.


Lots of blue scraps used for this card. I colored a piece of white cardstock with a Gelato, finger blended it a bit, and then stamped over it with a water misted floral background stamp.  I added a star left over from a Fourth of July project, and again, some melted Perler bead dots. 

For this card, I used lots of natural colors.  The Tim Holtz balloon stamp was stamped with Archival jet black ink.  I used twine, layering, vintage paper and a Tim Holtz typewriter charm to achieve my masculine card goal.  The ledger paper that the balloon is stamped on is from a set of vintage ATC blanks that I ordered from The Funkie Junkie Boutique .  I was really pleased with my recent order.  It arrived very quickly, and came with a lovely little assortment of extra goodies!  (I have a mixed media project in the works using these extras.  Stay tuned!)

Here is another masculine card using the  PrimaATC cards from Funkie Junkie.   I used some antiqued metallic brads and some Tim Holtz linen ribbon. 

I hope you all have a terrific weekend!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!