Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Documented Life Project Pages - Weeks 28 and 29



Hello Everyone!

Hope you all have had a terrific weekend.  It was busy here, with lots of fun and lots of chores.

Here is my week 28 Documented Life Project page:

The challenge was to use Instagram style tiny photos.  I don't Instragram, and chose to add a filmstrip element to my page instead.  The photos are of my husband and daughters, taken in the DC Botanical Gardens a few years ago.  It was kind of fun to get a bit "scrapbooky" in my journal this week, especially since I recently started working on some Digital scrapbook layouts. 

The background is Dylusions sprays with stenciled gesso.  I pulled lots of elements out of my scrap boxes to create a clustered look.  There are die cuts, tea bags, Kraft paper, mica pieces, a bingo card, and a fabric flower cut with my Silver Bullet. 

I worked up my week 29 page today, as I will be away from my craft supplies for much of next week.

This first photo was taken when I thought the page was complete:


Often, taking photos of my projects helps me to see what needs to be added.  This is the final result:

I went in with a paint brush and watered down Distress Paints to add color.  Much better this way!  The challenge was to make a wish list. 

The page started with a background of layered stencils and Distress Ink on watercolor paper.  I added some sketchy lines and my wishes with my trusty Sharpie pen, and embellished with doodles.  I edged the page and added some splatters  with Distress Paint in Crushed Olive.  I'm pretty pleased with how this page came together.  The Distress colors used include Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Evergreen Bough, and Peeled Paint. 

Hope you all find time to get inky and painty this week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!