Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Five cards and some Bridal Shower projects



Hi Everyone,

Happy Wednesday!  Today I will be sharing five assorted cards, the last of which will segue into a collection of bridal shower projects that I made recently.


This simple Christmas card was made by layering a white cut layer over a slightly larger red layer, and adding a stamped sentiment. 

This fun 19th (!) birthday card for my eldest daughter was made by embossing some scrappy strips from my stash, as well as a cut sentiment and shadow layer.  That's it!  Clean and simple, but fun and colorful as well. 

This is another quick card from the My Scrap Chick Card Essentials Collection.  The lettering was done using the print and cut feature of my Sure Cuts A lot software, which allowed me to line things up to show perfectly through the windows.  I added fun little inked borders by using the off cuts as a mask and inking right through the windows.  The extra ink adds a bit of interest to the very plain front of the card as well. 

 I made three of these cards this year, on for my husband, and one for each of our dads.  I used Tim Holtz paper for the offset backgrounds and mat, and a Tim Holtz stamp on Kraft Glassine for the focal image.  Tim's stamps are my "go-tos" for masculine cards, every time, and the license plate paper worked perfectly!
The inside got a print and cut sentiment with fun fonts and some coordinating layering.

And now for the shower projects:

First - card number five:

This is a gift card sized card, cut (as almost all of my cards are) with my incredible Silver Bullet cutter , and embossed with my Sizzix Big Shot.

Here are all of the coordinating projects that go with it:

This is the envie for the wedding dress card (The rolled rose is made with a file by the very talented Lisa Howell, of Mind Over Matter Creations
 
 This is the box I made for a set of embossed and monogramed note cards.
 And this is one of the cards.  I made an embossing folder to emboss the printed purple border, then added the embossed (with a commercial folder) rectangle to the center.
This card was on the outside of the gift bag that contained the gift card and stationery.  
 

And this was the gift bag that contained it all.  Since I am doing some of the wedding décor for this very special bride to be, I know exactly what papers she likes!  Convenient, yes?  The SVG cut file for this bag was created and generously shared by Bird of BirdsCards

I wish you all a wonderful remainder of the week!

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!