Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 18



Hello Everyone!

Here is how I started my week eighteen Documented Life Project page:


I picked up a sample of set of four Gelatos recently, after giving in to a long term case of craft supply envy.  I applied them to a gesso'd vintage dictionary page, and blended with a baby wipe.  Next I added a stenciled layer of gloss gel medium.


I finished off my background with a wash of watered down white acrylic paint to bring out some of the details in the stenciled layer.  I added a tip in with my quote.  (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the challenge for this week was to add a meaningful quote.)  I edged a piece vellum with Gelatos that I blended with my finger.  (I love this so much that I had to buy a bigger set of Gelatos!) and layered it over a vintage book page and a piece of vintage scrapbook paper.  I added the quote with my trusty Sharpie pen. 

I have a feeling you'll be seeing lots more Gelatos on my upcoming journal pages.  They are incredibly versatile and fun to work with. 

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! 

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome page! I love how you are so free with your art journaling, it so happy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. Because my journal is just for me, there is no pressure. This allows me more room to experiment and have fun.

      Delete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!