Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Documented Life Project page - Week 22



Hello Folks!

Here I am with my week 22 DLP planner page.  The challenge for this week was to draw, sketch, or paint a house on our page. 


I recently purchased some more colors of Dylusions spray inks, and have been having fun playing with them.  They are super intense, and I wanted my background to be a bit lighter, so I added London Blue and After Midnight to water in spray bottles and went to work spraying, dipping and swiping my background paper. 

I drew my houses in my SCAL software, and cut them with my Silver Bullet Pro cutter.  They were all cut from scraps of paper and cardstock that I use to soak up excess inks and paints from my craft mat.  I love finding ways to use these in my mixed media art.  The roofs and doors were cut from black card stock, and embellished with my new Pitt Big Artists Pen. This is definitely the best white pen I have found for writing on dark colors. 

At the top of the page are a couple of stamps that I picked up the other day.  I thought they were perfect for this challenge, and at $2.00 for a set of three, the price was certainly right.  I finished my page off with a Mustard Seed Distress paint border. 

I'm looking forward to finding out what next week's challenge will be.  If you want to join the thousands of people who are making the Documented Life Project weekly pages, you can find all the information you need here:  Art to the 5th details page

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Elizabeth





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!