Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 15



Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a terrific weekend!  The week fifteen Documented Life Project challenge was to use tints and shades of one color.  Here is my page:



I really enjoyed building up the layers on this page, and clustering elements from my scrap boxes in the lower corner of my page.  I'm glad that the challenge specifically mentioned shades, as it prompted me to add some really greyed out pinks to my red color scheme, which makes it much more interesting.

 I got extra mileage out of the playing card by cutting off the white border and using it as a frame for the stamped and fussy cut umbrella man.  The geometric border and the "wish" tag were cut with my Silver Bullet Pro.  They were both in my scrap pile, and happened to be the right color, as were the tiny scraps of washi tape that I used to embellish the frame.  I finished my page by adding a song lyric quote and some bits and pieces of ribbon and some white oil paint marker dots. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my progress!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!