Friday, April 18, 2014

Paper Pieced Easter Cards



Hi Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Earlier this week, I worked on some paper pieced Easter Cards.  I love the look of paper piecing, but I admit that I don't really enjoy the process of gluing lots of tiny pieces.  So I tend to look for simple designs.  
 
 
 
This is a fun My Scrap Chick design.  I altered it just a bit to fit an A2 sized card base.  With only four pieces to attach, this is a super simple card to assemble.  I couldn't resist adding some quick details with embossing and Distress Ink. 



This little "bunny butt" is another super cute My Scrap Chick Design.  Again, I made good use of my embossing folders and Inks to highlight the details.  I used some Picket Fence Distress Stain to make the tail look fluffier. I built up the layers with foam tape.  (Actually, being my thrifty self, instead of foam tape, I used the foam leftover after using up all the dots on a sheet of foam dots.)
 
I just love this sweet little bunny!  Again, liberal use of my Distress inks and embossing make him come alive.  This file is also from My Scrap Chick. 
 
 
This one couldn't be simpler!  Just two traced and cut elements, some embossing, and a bit of reclaimed foam tape to pop the egg. 
 
As always, I used my wonderful Silver Bullet Pro cutter to cut all of my shapes.  I am still in awe of the speed and accuracy of this machine.  It took about 10 times longer to pick the scraps for these cards than it did to cut them!
 
Speaking of scraps, I have made my last 10 or so cards without using any whole sheets of paper.  It's not that I don't have whole sheets.  Believe me, I've got plenty!  But I get a ton of satisfaction from using papers from my scrap drawers.  Because I cut any A2 sized pieces from leftovers and store them in a special drawer, I even had enough bases for all of these cards without using fresh paper. 
 
I wish you all a very joyful Easter!
 
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!