Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yet another "heart" card

 
 
 
Good Day, Everyone!
 
 

As you can see, I have another heart card, but with a different color scheme than the last few.  For this card, I started with one of my inky backgrounds.  I cut it to size, added some Distress Stains and inks, decoupaged dictionary paper, Tim Holtz background stamping and a couple of heart stamps as a focal image.  All of my stamping was done with Archival inks.  I added a double organza bow, mounted it on an embossed layer and the base, and there you have it. 

Here is a peek at the inside:

Just some arrow shaped layers, and a printed and cut (with my Silver Bullet Professional digital die cutter) sentiment. 

Here is another view of the front. 
 
 
I feel pretty thrifty when I use my saved photo storage box index cards to soak up the leftover ink and paint on my craft mat. ( I discovered that it is only the boxes from Michael's that have the index cards, and not the ones from A. C. Moore) I always have a few close at hand, and love using them for quick card or tag backgrounds.  It's a terrific way to experiment with unusual color combos, and hey, if it's really ugly, I just throw it away without feeling too wasteful.  If I want to be extra super duper thrifty, (and sometimes I do!) I  just paint over the mess with some Gesso and start over. 
 
I hope everyone finds some time and energy for some thrifty crafting this week!
 
Elizabeth
 
Tools and Supplies used to create this project include:
Silver Bullet Pro Digital Die Cutter
Tim Holtz Stamps
Distress Stains and Inks
Vintage and new paper from my stash
Ranger Archival Inks
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!