Monday, October 28, 2013

The one with the masculine birthday card....



Happy Day, Everyone!

Today I am sharing the birthday card that I made for my DH.  I had fun working with masculine colors and layering some Tim Holtz stamps. 

 
I took this photo in my new photo booth set- up, just before tripping over one of the lamp cords and breaking the bulb!  I'm sharing it because it shows the ink colors much better than the natural light shots that follow.  I used my new Wendy Vecci Archival inks in cornflower and watering can.  I had fun masking and layering the stamps, as demonstrated by Tim in one of his recent Tags of 2013 videos.  The "ribbon" was stamped with Distress Ink in Weathered Wood with a Tim Holtz wood grain background stamp, and edged with Black Soot.  The washi tape is from my stash of Recollections tapes.  It reminded me of tire tracks and lane markings, and it is the perfect color! (Justification for having a big stash of supplies?  But of Course!) 

 
This is the completed card front with sentiment added.  I used my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri at That's Scrap, Inc. and my trusty pen tool to do the lettering with a Bic Marker.  So much better than my own handwriting!  I used my Sizzix Big Kick and a diamond plate embossing folder for the light gray background to enhance the automotive theme.
 
And because I recently took the "Insider" class from Online Card Classes, I jazzed up the inside of the card with some layers as well.
 
 
I used the Cornflower Archival ink again. I am loving these Wendi Vecci colors! 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I wish you all a wonderful week. 

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!