Saturday, August 10, 2013

The one with Mrs. Malfoy's shoe.....



Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I hope you day is going wonderfully.  Today I worked on another Halloween project. Leo and Mary over at  SVG Cuts have issued another challenge that I can't resist.  Not only are they giving away the free shoe file, completing the challenge earns a $6.99 gift card.  Thanks, Leo and Mary for the chance to participate!   I downloaded their free shoe file, and made this Harry  Potter inspired shoe.  As I was making it, I was envisioning Draco Malfoy's creepily elegant mother wearing it to a celebration of the Dark Arts.



 I cut the shoe and the accent panels from black cardstock.

 
I cut the inner and outer sole and the bow, which is also an SVG Cuts file, from grey cardstock.  I made the skull "flair" with my button maker.  (Had to make a matching one for my bracelet.  It will be fun to wear a bracelet with spiders. bats and skulls!)
 

 
I used a chipboard template that I cut last year with my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri at That's Scrap, Inc. to emboss the toe and heel.  I highlighted the spider web by rubbing on some white chalk ink. 


To use the chipboard template with my Sizzix Big Kick, I made a "sandwich" of
Plate A
A rubber mat (by Spellbinders)
Cardstock
my chipboard template
Plate B
4 index cards from my Recollections storage boxes.  (I wrote the "recipe" on one of the index cards, because I keep forgetting it.)

I really need to remember to make more of these.  Free is always doable in my budget!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Elizabeth

PS:   Here are a couple of links to other shoes made for this challenge.

Diane's Shoe  (Thanks to Diane for alerting me to this challenge!)

Whizzy's Shoe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!