Monday, August 26, 2013

The one where my baby turns sixteen!....



Hello Everyone,

Well, my DD's sixteenth birthday snuck right up on me!  It has been super busy, with Drivers Ed, Field Hockey practice and the usual back to school stuff.  

I made this card for her last night:


It was quick and fun to make, and includes some of her favorite bright colors.  I heat embossed the circle of patterned paper, using Ranger Emboss It dabber and clear embossing powder.  It took a couple of coats to get it smooth enough.  The ribbon is from a Really Reasonable Ribbon sample pack.  I used my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri at That's Scrap Inc.  to  print and cut the sentiment layer.  I love how easily I can get professional looking printing with this method. 

Here is the inside of the card.  I struggled a bit to choose a sentiment, as all of the ones I found on line were corny. My girl hates corny!  I am pretty pleased with what I came up with on my own.  My Leila is all of these things, and more!


Again, I used print and cut for this part.  It is so much better than trying to center it manually. 

And rather than toss the scrap leftover from cutting out the circle into my always too big scrap pile, I used it to embellish the envelope.  I really need to remember to do this more often!


I think the "birthday princess" will love this card, and I loved that it was quick to make, since I still had to make a batch of cupcakes and a birthday cake when I was done.  (I even had time to spend "5 minutes" in my art journal.  (It's never only 5 minutes, LOL.  Once I get started, I find it VERY hard to stop!)

Hope you all find something fun to celebrate today!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!