Sunday, June 30, 2013

The one with the leaves.....



Happy Sunday Evening!

I surely hope you have all had a great weekend! 

This morning, I clicked on the the KittieCraft blog, to see what Kittie had made recently.  Her blog is one of my regular stops, because she has a new card almost everyday.  This morning, she had a beautiful fall leaves card.  Hop on over to see it.  She does really beautiful things!

My strong desire to play around with her idea, and my need to make a birthday card for DD's BF, came together like this:

 
I used a paper bag base, Distress Inks in my favorite greens, and some Kraft Resist for the background, with Faded Denim and Crushed Olive inks.  I cut the leaves and branch with my Black Cat Cougar from That's Scrap, Inc..  

Here is the inside of the card:

 
 
I used my Cougar to cut the sentiment with a cool stencil font.  I was amazed at how well it cut.  Those little strips are tiny, and all but 3 of them stayed on the mat when I removed the cut.  I wish I had taken a picture. 
 
 I used more Distress Inks, and Kraft Resist on these panels, as well as some random digital paper that was hanging around in my stash.  I love how I can add use Distress Ink to coordinate different papers.  It really helps me to use up scraps and make my stash go further.  

The best thing  about paper bag cards is the pocket that is formed, so that I can tuck in a gift card or cash. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!