Thursday, May 30, 2013

The one with the "window"....


Hi Everyone!

Recently, my oldest "baby" turned 18!  She has been very grown up for a long time, but I still find it hard to believe she is an official adult. 

I made this fun card with a diorama window inside for her special birthday:

This is the front.  No window here!
 
There's the window! 
 
 And a top view, so you can see how it works. 
 
This was surprisingly easy to do.  Click here to grab my basic  SVG file to get you started.  For my card, I fancied up the window with a Penny Duncan Creations Shaplie file,(break the file, replace the plain rectangle with a shape of your choice, and join) and added some embossed layers and a shadow outline.  I printed the inside sentiment, and added some extra color with a colored pencil.   The sentiment on front was stamped, heat embossed and layered with more variations of Penny's Shaplie file, to co-ordinate with the inside. 
 
I added a recycled bow, rescued from some packaging and tucked in my ribbon box.  5 minutes before giving it to Naomi, I decided it needed a little something else, so I added a button made from the printed paper.  Of course, I didn't have time to snap a new photo, so you will have to use your imagination!
 
(The best thing about this card design is that it folds flat to fit in an A2 envelope!)
 
I hope you are all having a fantabulous day! 
 
Elizabeth


1 comment:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!