Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The one with the redo...



Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all having a good day.  A few weekends ago, I decided to make my first mixed media mini-canvas.  I started with a 4 inch canvas, and started adding items to it.  I wasn't very thoughtful about what I was doing, and I ended up with a mini-mess!  See:


I didn't really like anything about it (except for the text) so I did this to it:

 
Aaah, so much better!  I really love the texture, and the hint of color showing through the gesso.
 
 
I keep a bowl on my work table, into which I throw scraps and bits stuff that are not worth putting away, but might be usable in a mixed media project.   Here is how I incorporated some it into my project:
 
 
I am so much happier with this version.  It is much more cohesive than the other, even though I was still just winging it.  Once I added the rings, which were oopsies from my first button machine attempts, I thought it looked a bit weddingish, so I added my anniversary date and an appropriate quote, and now I have an anniversary gift for DH.  As always, I used lots of Distress inks and paints.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Elizabeth
 



1 comment:

  1. Great canvas!!! and...I'm in love with those little buttons! (thank you again for mine!!) I need to try doing some things like this...looks like such FUN, thanks for the inspiration, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!