Thursday, May 16, 2013

The one with lots of layers...



Good Morning, Friends!

It is a beautiful and sunny morning here in my neck of the woods.  We have had lots of bright and colorful birds at the feeder.  They make me happy!  Hope you all are having a terrific day.

Here is a tag I made for a swap:
 

I really enjoyed playing with ideas for this tag.  It was my first large tag, at roughly 3x6 inches.  There are a lot of layers!  How about a list?
  • printed base paper
  • gesso
  • masked Distress Ink
  • Distress Crackle
  • Distressed edges
  • Archival Ink (Stamp)
  • Sentiment element with Distress Inks
  • Sentiment Element with Distress Paints, Gold foil and Archival Ink
  • Flourish Element with glue resist, Distress Paint and foil
  • Beaded charm element
  • Foiled ring reinforcer
The quote stamp is from Tim Holtz, the flourish and "imagine" stamps are from Inkadinkado.

I cut the mask and tag using my Black Cat Cougar, purchased from Sherri at That's Scrap, Inc.
I made the flourish from the leftover cuts from the mask, glued together for stability. 

The foil is also from That's Scrap, Inc..

Oh, and just in case you're curious, this is the paper that started it all:

 
Its from a stack by My Mind's Eye
 
I wish you all a fantastic day!
 
Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!