Monday, May 6, 2013

The one with the Mother's Day cards....



Hello,

Here are the Mothers Day cards I made this weekend.  I recently had the pleasure of joining the ARTHaven Yahoo Group.  Penny Duncan offered a fun file and a challenge to use it in a project of our choice.  Since I love challenges (of the crafty kind) and especially love using them for things on my to-do list, I took Penny's challenge and made these two cards:


 

 

I used Penny's Viewmaster syle SVG to print and cut some cardstock, and added some foil using my Foil Master.  Now, I had been having some problems getting good results with my foiling, so I popped onto the That's Scrap Forum to ask a few questions.  I love having a forum dedicated to customers of That's Scrap, Inc.  There are so many helpful people there to answer any questions that come up!  As it turned out, the problems were due to my printer, so simply choosing a different printer solved my problem, and I am now getting great results.  The reason I am mentioning this is because the foiling on these two cards is from before I switched printers.  I actually wanted the speckled effect that I got on these two pieces, to give them a more vintage feel.  I dry embossed them and added some Distress Paint to increase the vintage appeal. 

I added an under layer of printed digital paper, to peek through the windows.  Some coordinating embossed cardstock, print and cut tag and a matching bow, and Viola!  Two cards are completed and ready to mail off with my Mothers Day wishes. 

I am wishing you all a wonderful week!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Elizabeth! And the embossed & foiled effect you achieved is super. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!