Thursday, April 25, 2013

The one with the note pads...


Hey!!

Today I am sharing some simple note pads that I made to tuck into Mother's Day packages for my moms.  (And one that I made just for me!)

I finally got around to purchasing some padding adhesive from Amazon.   I cut scraps of copy weight paper to the size I wanted, clipped the pages with binder clips and glued one edge.  After letting them dry overnight, I made covers from scraps of cardstock and miscellaneous embellisments, and hot glued the paper pads in. 

 
The square blue brad and the round purple brad are from Making Memories, I think.  The plum flower is made from a bunch of random cuts that I throw in a box for just such occasions, and the salmon and yellow flower is one of my favorite Gerber Daisies from Royal Inspirations.   The background of the center notepad is made from Washi Tape covered cardstock.  The washi tape is by Recollections.  I'm starting to have a serious addiction to this stuff! 
 
To make the covers, I cut my scrap cardstock to 2 times the length of the pad, plus 1/2 inch. (I added about 1/4 inch to the width measurement.)  I scored and folded at 1/8 inch from each side of the center, for a spine that measures 1/4 inch.  I punched two holes in the spine, threaded ribbon through and tied with a bow.   I ran a line of hot glue down the inside of the spine and adhered the top of the pad.  Easy Peasy!
 
I'm  pretty sure my Mom and MIL will like these as much as I do.
 
Hope you all are having a great middle of the week!
 
Elizabeth
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!