Sunday, March 31, 2013

The one with the Easter Baskets...



Happy Easter, Everyone!

Because DH is working, and we are putting off the Easter festivities for later in the day, I have time to post one last Easter project.  I made these baskets for my girls yesterday.  I know, I know, last minute as usual! 

This the Tulip Basket from the SVG Cuts Egg Hunt collection. I cut two baskets, and used the petals of one color on the base of the opposite color.   I couldn't resist making some button brads.  I just made a flat backed button and glued it to a large brad.  Easy Peasy!  Other than that, I kept things simple, with some embossing and a subtle print for the handles. 

Here is the other one:

 

I made my own grass with my electronic cutter.  I just cut lots of evenly spaced parallel lines into a piece of ugly paper from my scrap bin.  It was super easy and quick, and saves me from having to deal with that awful plastic grass that never seems to go away!

Here is the file I made, in case any of you might want to use it.  I plan on using it as packing material in gift boxes throughout the year. 

Easter Grass SVG

The file has the vertical cut lines.  I find it easier to remove it fromt the mat and use a manual cutter to cut off either end to get the individual blades of grass. 

Wishing you all a joyous Easter Holiday,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!