Saturday, February 9, 2013

The one with the paper towels



Hello Everyone,

The storm hit as expected, and we received 30 inches of lovely fluffy snow at our house!  The driveway is all cleaned up, thanks to my fabulous husband, and I got to enjoy two relaxing days at home with my girls. 

I have been working this week on a fun background.  In Creative Jump Start #26, Carmen Sanchez showed three different ways to use napkins.  One was to tear a napkin and adhere it to a base with Gel medium.  Pretty cool idea, right?   I happened to notice that the paper towel I had been using to wipe up paint and inks from my craft mat was looking kind of pretty.  I had inadvertenly used nicely coordinated colors in all of my recent projects, and they were blended on my towel.  So.... I happily tore it into strips and glued those babies to a piece of cardstock to make backgrounds for the following two cards:

My stamping skills are really hit or miss.  Totally miss on this card. Oh well, practice makes perfect, I hope!
 
 
 
I stamped over the background with Ranger Archival Ink, which worked well with the glossy gel medium.  The first card has a piece of acetate that I rescued from a missed attempt to cut a stencil, and a fun circle of chipboard that came with a resist applied to it.  I just had to swipe it with a bit of Distress Ink.   
 
A few scraps from my pile, including some inked dictionary paper, some Tim Holtz tissue tape, and some rhinestones and brads from my stash finished off these quick cards.  I used my electronic cutter to cut the sentiment label for the bottom card. 
 
This was a really fun technique, and very satisfying to get one more use out of my well used paper towel!
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
 
Elizabeth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!