Friday, January 25, 2013

Two Steps Back



Hello Everyone.

Happy Friday!  After working almost exclusively on Creative Jumpstart techniques,(which you have probably noticed that I am loving!) I thought I would take a step back and create a card using die cuts created with my digital cutter.  I have to admit that after designing this card in my software, which was fun, I struggled a lot with it.  I'm still not sure I love it, but oddly, when I looked at the photo, I liked it better.  This is completely opposite of what usually happens, which is that I take photos and fall "out of love" with my cards! 

Anyway....  Here is the card:


I used papers from my scrap pile to cut all of the elements.  The base and bow are from the Nature Stack by DCWV.  I added some embossing and a touch of Distress ink to the leafy elements.  The sentiment is popped up with foam.  The bow and butterfly are both from SVG Cuts.  (This bow is very similar to the one demo'd in Creative Jump Start 28 by Vicki Chrisman.  She designed a bow die for Accucut.  If I used a pressure die cutter, I would want this die for sure.  It is really cute! Thank goodness I have a digital cutter, as those dies are ExpensivE with two capital E's! )

One thing I noticed while working on this card is that I am looking at the "negative space" that is left over after making my cuts differently.  Many of them will make great stencils for some of the new techniques I have been learning.  I actually started leaving extra space around my cuts to make it easier to use them later.  I love having one more way to use my scraps!

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!

Elizabeth






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!