Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Valentine



Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a great Saturday.  I had the best morning!  I slept in a bit with a snuggly kitty, and then sat in my living room chatting with my DD for a couple of hours.  My favorite kind of Saturday morning!  I spent some time de-cluttering the house, and dusting, before heading to my craft room to work on a Valentine project for a swap.  (Spoiler Alert, That's Scrap Forum friends!) 

 
I cut the frame shaped box from a file by SVG Cuts.  It is part of the Spirits of Christmas Past kit.  I love the versatility of these files.  This one can be used for any occasion.  I had two inspirations for the embellishments on this project.  The beading on the hearts was inspired by Creative Jump Start #16, taught by Anna Bjorklund.   I used two of her ideas, gluing a bead outline around the top heart, and stringing beads and wrapping them around the bottom heart.  I loved the way she scattered beads to make them look spilled, and tried to emulate that with my project.  I'm really happy with the results, although sorting and gluing the beads was rather tedious. 
 
My second inspiration is from a Blog that I discovered quite recently, One Lucky Day, which has jumped to the top of my favorites list.  When digging around in their old posts, I found this terrific fabric flower, made with lining fabric circles, melted over a candle to give them shape.  I added a fancy pendant center that I picked up from a Michael's clearance rack.  (My DH kindly clipped the hanging loop off the back, so it would lay flat.) 
 
I used Distress Inks in Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Vintage Velvet on the hearts, which started out white.  I inked each shadow layer in a darker color, and the tops in a lighter color.  Then I stamped the tops with the darker color.  I inked the edges of the background with Tattered Rose and Spun Sugar.  The background paper is from the Tranquility pack by Sassy Designs.  I love the subtle tone on tone rose pattern.  So pretty!
 
To finish off my project, I dyed a ribbon (upcycled from the wrapping of our annual Christmas pajamas!) with Spun Sugar Distress Stain, threaded it through the holes in the top of the box, and tied a bow. 
 
I made two of these boxes, and I cant wait to fill them with a little goody, and send them off to two of my "forum friends". 
 
I am hoping for some more time in my craft room tomorrow.  Hopefully between chores in the morning and the AFC Playoff Game in the evening (GO PATS), I can get another project or two finished. 
 
Happy Weekend!
 
Elizabeth
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!