Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spooky Display





 
 
Hi Everyone!
 
I have been in full-on Fall mode in my Craft Room lateley.  Yesterday, I made this Halloween display.  This little shelf is in my dining room, and usually houses a cozy collection of mini pitchers and creamers, as well as the glass bottle you see here.  My family's usual Halloween decorations are more cutesy than creepy, but this year, I decided to take a turn toward the dark side for a more sophisticated display. 
 
The two potions bottles on the top of the shelf , and the label on the glass bottle were made using SVG Cuts Toil and Trouble set. I love these "bottles".  I almost can't believe that they are made from paper, even though I cut them out and assembled them! I made some vintage labels from online images, and as usual inked everything up with Distress Inks, even the skulls that I found at Target and the Dollar Tree. 
 
The background behind the tall glass bottle is the front page of the Daily Prophet, from the Harry Potter movies.  I used double sided tape to attach the spider web to the middle of the shelf, in front of a graveyard background, which is an online photo that I altered in PSE.  I printed the skeleton on acetate, gave it a light spray of adhesive and stuck it in the web.  The  "creepy fabric", and the spider web are also from the dollar store.  The spiders were packaged with the webbing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!