Monday, September 24, 2012

Designing for Royal Inspirations!


Hi Everyone! 

I have news to share!  I am incredibly honored to have been asked to design for Royal Inspirations SVG.  Retta is a lovely lady who designs fabulous files.  Click the link to check out her wide variety of files.

 Here are my first two projects:

 
I used the Mums file for this card.  I  love flowers, and this mum with its multiple layers is so much fun to work with.  I cut all of the flower elements from white cardstock, and inked them with Distress Inks.  I color-blocked a background using some papers from my scrap pile, and added a bit of lacy border.  I will add the sentiment at a later date.  (when I make cards for nonspecific occasions, I tuck a piece of matching paper inside, so that I can complete the card with a sentiment without taking time to match papers. )
 


 
 
The Gerber Daisy file quickly became a favorite.  I used only 3 of the many layers for this card, and again inked them with Distress Inks.  I dry embossed them for some fun texture.  I absolutely love the detail on these leaves, and the way the frilly edges took the ink.  I tried out a new technique with the Dragonfly file*.  I used contact paper as a resist for more Distress Ink.  I used a variety of light blue inks on the dragonfly base.  I cut the detailed top layer from clear Contact paper, and inked ove all with a brown ink. I spritzed with water and wiped the ink off the Contact paper.  I layered the elements with a lacy border strip and a background paper.  Again, I will add the sentiment when I am ready to use the card. 
 
 A huge thanks to Retta for asking me to design for her company!  I am so very excited about this opportunity.  Look out for another project soon.
 
Elizabeth
 
*The Dragonfly file was a limited time offer.  To receive news about these special offers, sign up for the newsletter at Royal Inspirations SVG in the My Account section.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!