Saturday, August 25, 2012

MOO!



Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are having a spectaclar Saturday!  I have been up really late for the last couple of nights making favors for my DD's Dairy Farm birthday party.

I was so excited when my 15 year old asked to have her party at the farm!  I knew just what to make for favors:

 
I made these boxes using a file from MyScrapChick.  They are filled with Lindor Truffles from the Lindt store.  (yummy) I used a polka dot paper for the hooves, and ran the "hair" on top of the heads through the Big Shot to give it a little texture. 
 
 
I also made these party hats using a file designed by Beanie from http://beanies-tag-your-it.blogspot.com/.  This file was offered as a challenge in last years Christmas in July Crop on the That's Scrap Inc.  forum.  
 
 
I enlarged some of the spots from the MyScrapChick cow files to make cow hats. 
 
 
The farm part of the party was this afternoon, and everyone had a blast.  The girls made ice cream, petted cows, played with 17 (!) Bassett Hounds, and even got to handle a trained Red Tailed Hawk and feed a Barn Owl.   This farm is located on the other side of town from us, and the owners are super with kids. 
 
It was one of my favorite parties we've ever had.  The six girls are now waiting for the German Chocolate frosting to cool so they can have cake and ice cream. 
 
Have a terrific weekend!
 
Elizabeth
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!