Sunday, June 10, 2012

Two Cards

Hi Everyone,

Hope you managed to squeeze some fun out of the weekend!  I sure did.  On Friday, I got to spend the day on Martha's Vineyard with a fabulous bunch of 4th graders.  On Saturday, we had fun at a high school graduation party.

Today, I got to spend some time in my craft room, making a couple of cards.

This one was inspired by one I saw on Lisa's blog earlier in the week.  You can see her's here: http://mindovermattercreations.blogspot.com/2012/06/newsprint-thanks.html. I love her use of newsprint, and thought I would use some too, but when I was browsing through my digi paper collection, I found the black and gold print from Sassy Designs, and decided to use it instead.  The mat is a Penny Duncan Creations Shaplie file and the flourish is from SVG Cuts.  As always, everything was cut with my Black Cat Cougar. 



My second card of the day is very different.  I calibrated my new Cougar machine last night, and wanted to do a print and cut card.  The flower image is from Mel's Brushes.  I used my Cougar to cut all of the shapes, and embossed some of the background papers with my Sizzix Big Kick.  I used a pen tool in my Cougar to write the sentiment, with an open path font from Lettering Delights. 

Here it is:

I wish you all a terrific week! 

Elizabeth




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Elizabeth!! Thank you for the back link.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!