Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I'm finished.....



with the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style challenge!  I actually finished this past weekend, but I have been having too much fun with all of my Christmas preparations to have time to post.  

Here are a few photos of my week 12 piece:

 

I was so excited by the charm on Linda's inspiration tag, because I just recently ordered this set of charms from the Funkie Junkie Boutique, the sponsor of this challenge.  I was very happy to have a reason to use them so quickly! 
I used the snowflake, larger jingle bell and garment pin from the shop as is, and then I altered one of the tiny brass jingle bells ( that I got from the Funkie Junkie last year!) with Brushed Silver Distress Paint.  I just couldn't resist using one more! 
 
I found altered this big acrylic snowflake with Mushroom alcohol ink (my new favorite) to age it a bit while keeping the shine, and attached it to a kraft background with a long brad.  I dry embossed the kraft with snowflakes, and added a bit of White Picket Distress stain to highlight them.
 
I added some color to some seasonal chit chat stickers with a watercolor pencil, and outlined them with a charcoal pencil.

This piece is another favorite of mine! Here is Linda's tag:


Although my background is quite different, I was able to incorporate a quite a few of Linda's elements into my little piece. 

I'm not going to share photos of the printer's trays today, as I am planning a follow up post showing them 100 percent complete.  I have a couple of details left to add, but basically, I'm finished, and incredibly excited to wrap them and put them under the tree for my girls.  (Here's a link to the finished project: Finished Printer's Trays)

I want to thank Linda for this exciting challenge!  It is honestly my favorite crafting experience this year.  I also would like to thank everyone who has visited and left lovely comments.  I very much appreciate them! 

Luckily for me, I am on vacation, and will have time to catch up on visits to see how all the other participants have been inspired. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Elizabeth



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very beautifully executed! I have some mushroom alcohol ink in my cart-- I think it will be a fave of mine, as well... your snowflake looks awesome! Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - really beautifully done. The background paper is so pretty and that acrylic snowflake is amazing! I'm tickled that you played along with my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style again this year. Congratulations on crossing the finish line. I hope you will be back to play again next year!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!