Thursday, January 29, 2015

I didn't quit art journaling!



Hi Everyone!

Of course I didn't!  I loved completing my 2014 Documented Life Planner!  I can't imagine not continuing this practice in 2015.  Thanks to the Art to the 5th  artists for continuing this challenge!
I am using the same Moleskine weekly planner that I used last year, and I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I found enough pre made index card (the ones that used to come in the photo storage boxes that I use to store my supplies) backgrounds to last for an entire year.

Here are my pages for the first four weeks:

 

 
 
I am enjoying this year's format, which includes a monthly theme (January is "facing the blank page"),  weekly art challenge (book papers, gesso, color wheel, and writing) and journal prompts. 
 
Today I also want to share a quick project that I made last weekend.  I discovered that making my own gift bags is a terrific way to use up my paper stash.  I used an SVG file from the SVG Cuts Happy Holidays collection to make this:
 

It was easy to cut, quick to assemble, and used 2 1/2 sheets of 12 inch paper.  This paper is from DCWV.  The bag is quite sturdy, and I was able to stuff it with candy and other care package items for one of our favorite college students. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope that you are staying warm and finding time to do fun things!
 
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!