Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Documented Life Project week 21



Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Hope you are having a wonderful long weekend.  I have spent most of my time adding to my pile of junktiques that need to be altered.  Fun, Fun, Fun!

I made sure to squeeze in time for my art journal, too.  I actually remembered to take photos along the way. 


I started with an original digital paper design.  I have been working on making my own papers using Photoshop Elements and files from Pixel Scrapper. 
 
I used 3 colors of Gelatos directly on watercolor paper, and blended them with water and my fingers.
 
 


A self explanatory layer

Here I have added torn strips of my paper, and stenciled molding paste.

I found it interesting that the very red violet and blue violet embroidery floss that I used to embellish the lace lost their violet tones when placed on the violet background.  It is not just in the photo that they appear red and blue.  (adding embroidery floss was the challenge this week, btw)

I used a Tim Holtz mask and some Dylusions spray, on this layer, as well as some acrylic paints applied to the molding paste with my fingers.

Here is the finished page.   I am finding that I am happiest with my DLP pages when I figure out "when to say when", just as I am in "real" life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!