Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week Six




Hello Everyone!

Well, week six has ended, and I'm still enjoying working in my Documented Life Project journal/planner.  This week, the challenge was to take inspiration from Pinterest.  I recently pinned this project, from Anna-Karin from Layers of Ink:


I love the simple color scheme, and the black ink on vintage paper.

I made this tip-in for my journal:



I didn't have the same color of green, and didn't feel like mixing any, so I used a light turquoise acrylic craft paint mixed with lots of water to add a wash to my white cardstock.  I stamped the torn vintage book page with black Archival Ink, and Tim Holtz Stamps, and adhered it to my page with gel medium. 


I stamped a ruler for the top and bottom border, using Aquamarine Archival.  At the top, I applied Tumbled Glass Distress Paint directly to the page, sprayed it with water and allowed it to drip.  After partially drying it with my heat gun, I blotted it with a paper towel. 

As what I though were finishing touches, I added some lettering, bits of inky trim, a button and a fabric flower.  As often happens when I am taking photos, I decided to add another detail to carry out my theme.

Here is my final piece:


Can you see what I added?

Here's a hint:


I used my Sharpie fine point pen to add some stitching to the stenciled flourishes.  Now I'm happy!

I hope you find time to play with your supplies this week!

Elizabeth

Supplies and Tools used to create this project include:

Tim Holtz Stamps
Distress Paints
Acrylic Craft Paint
Vintage paper
Sharpie Pen and Oil Paint Marker
Bic Marker
Archival Inks
Silver Bullet Professional Digital Die Cutter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!