Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Scrappy Mixed Media note card

 
 
Hello, Friends!
 
 
How are things going today?  I have a card from my scrap bin to share with you.  I was feeling the urge for some mixed media, so I have combined lots of inks, stains, paints, scraps, and stitching to create this card.  The base is half of a reclaimed index card (you know the ones that come with the craft store photo storage boxes?) that I use to swipe up leftover inks and paints from my craft mat. 
 



 
A peek at the inside
I used the same vintage dictionary paper that I used on the front to add a layer to my sentiment, which I printed and cut with my digital die cutter.  I made a whole page of sentiments to help me with my goal of finishing the insides of all of my cards as I make them. 

A close up to show all of the layering:



This is a really fun way to use up leftovers and experiment with new techniques, and all of the supplies I love to buy. 

Have a terrific, creative day!

Elizabeth

Supplies and tools used for this card include:

Scraps from my stash
Vintage dictionary paper
Vintage Book paper
Archival Ink (black, deep purple)
Tim Holtz Stamps (butterfly, flourish)
Corner Chomper
Distress Paints, Inks and Stains
Scotch ATG tape runner
Digital Die Cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!