Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Documented Life Week One



Happy Day, Everyone!

Today I am sharing another of my goals for 2014.  I am going to be participating in the Documented Life Project, which combines Art Journaling, a weekly planner and a weekly challenge.  I thought that this would be a perfect way to rev my art journal engine, and complete a record of my year at the same time.  The idea is to use a weekly planner (I picked up the recommended Moleskine Weekly planner from Amazon.) and use it both as a planner and art journal.  The first challenge was to incorporate a photo of my front door:


So I wandered outside in the bitter cold earlier this week to take a photo of our front door.  I played around with Photoshop Elements a bit to add the artistic brush effect and the "cookie cutter" heart. 


I played around with layering some papers, ribbons, and a die cut letter (all fresh from the scrap bowl) on a piece of cardstock for a "tip-in" page. 


After using Mod-Podge to attach the papers, I added a Gesso wash and a few stenciled layers, using both Distress Inks and Dylusions spray ink. 


Here is the completed tip-in, attached to my planner with washi tape.  I'm not sure how securely this will hold.  I may have to reinforce it with some glue or stitching.  I think I may use the opposite side of the tip- in to note products and techniques, as well as critique my work, in hopes of improving it over time. 

If you would like to check out or join in on the Documented Life Project, you can click here to visit Lorraine Bell's blog.

Have a great day!

Elizabeth (who apologizes for the photo quality, I was too involved in other projects to dig out set up my "photo booth".)

Tools and supplies used:
Moleskine weekly planner
Distress Ink
Designer and self inked papers from my stash
Vintage Dictionary and book paper scraps
Mod-Podge
Paint brushes
Distress Inks
Dylusions spray ink
Stencils cut with my Black Cat Cougar digital cutter
White Jelly Roll and Sharpie pens


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!