Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lovin' the Easel Cards!



Happy Day, Everyone!

I am here today to share another easel card with you.  This one was designed by Bird of Bird's Cards.  I just love her files, and they are all free!  Go check them out!


It was so quick and easy to make this card.  I just chose some papers from my stash and cut all the elements.  I used the pen tool on my digital cutter to write the sentiment, and then cut the heart around it.  I used some foam squares and an embossing folder to add a bit of dimension.  It is important to pop up an element on the base of the card to hold the top of the card in the correct position. 

I really appreciate how Bird echoed the lace pattern from the front of the card in the part that folds behind it.  I think it adds elegance to the design.  The easel portion of the card disappears when viewed from the front.

Finally, I have a tip for those of you who use a digital die cutter.  I discovered in making this card that doing a multi cut on linen textured cardstock really helps it cut cleanly.  I lowered the force a bit, and set my software to cut repeat the cut twice.  I wish I had discovered this years ago! 

Have a terrific day!

Elizabeth

supplies and tools used for this card include:

Stashed papers
Jelly Roll Pen
Black Cat Cougar Digital Cutter
Black Cat Cougar Pen Tool
Anna Griffin Embossing Folder
Sizzix Big Kick
Organza Ribbon rescued from  PJ packaging
Foam adhesive squares
ATG Tape gun
The AWESOME bow tying gadget that my DH made me for Christmas

2 comments:

  1. I love the templates at Bird's Cards...she is so sweet to share! I have few...I think I have this one...will have to look. Your heart Easel is beautiful Elizabeth!! Love the glittery look of the cardstock and you embossing!! Sweet Clean look!!
    BTW...I was wondering if you would't mind adding the "Follow my email" option to your blog, so I can sign up! I am so bad about going to my reader. I check my emails..and that way I won't miss a post.
    It is just a gadget :0)
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! I think this cardstock is fun, too. I added the follow my email gadget. Thanks for the tip. Although I have been using blogger for several years, I still haven't explored all the options.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!