Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The one with the Thanksgiving canvas...



Happy Day, Everyone!

I hope your week is going well so far.  Today I am sharing a project I completed a few weeks ago.  I found a bunch of metal wall art on clearance at Michael's, for 75 cents each, so I bought a few to use as mixed media canvases. 

 
I used lots and lots of Distress products on this piece, including inks, paints, stains and crackle paint.  The paper elements are SVG Cuts files, cut with my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri at That's Scrap.  The text stamp and the wheat stamp are from Tim Holtz.  The metal pieces and gem are from Recollections.
 
This is a close up of my favorite element.  I recycled my morning tea bags and an old key chain loop into this wreath.  I removed the tea leaves from the dried bags, folded the bags in half and machine stitched a channel for the loop. 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Elizabeth
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!