Sunday, March 24, 2013

The one with the Bunny Hats...



Happy Sunday Evening, Friends!

I have had fun in my craft room today, making these Easter Bunny hat boxes:

 
 
I made these little cuties using files from SVG cuts.  The hat is from the New Year's Eve set, (which was a lovely Christmas gift from my Forum friend Glynnis.  Thanks, Whizzy!)  The tulip is from the Poplar Street Tulips set, and the little sunflower and leaf is from the Pick a Pumpkin set, and the banner is from the Happy Thanks set.  I sure had fun mixing and matching sets today! 
 
The leaves behind the tulip are from Penny Duncan Designs.  I almost never have to design my own leaves, because I purchased all of Penny's design CDs.  I can always find a leaf I like in her collection!  The bunny ears are my own creation. 
 
I used lots of embossing folders and Distress inks to add dimension.  I intentionally stayed away from my brown Distress Inks, because I wanted these to have a really Springy feel.  I chose inks that were just a bit darker than the papers I was using, which were all pulled from my stash.  Most of them are from Recollections.    

The terrific polka dot ribon is from the same collection that I told you about a couple of posts ago, from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The ears are glued to the box base underneath the cylinder that makes the box.  I added dots of Alene's Tack it Over and Over glue to the inside tops of the ears, and let it dry.  This holds them in place against the box top, while allowing them to be removed to open the box, which will be filled with goodies, and mailed to both sets of parents. 

Here is one more photo, a close up of the embellishments. 

Hope your weekend was as fun as mine was.  I witnessed my very first flash mob yesterday, while on a college tour with the family.  It was pretty cool! It appeared to be an entire class, including the professor.  We were checking out the cafeteria, and couldn't have had a better seat to watch the whole event unfold. 

TTYL,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. How fun these are Elizabeth, bright & colourful, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!