Sunday, September 16, 2012

An Apple a Day...



Hi Everyone!

It is apple season here in New England, and Mark and the girls and I went apple picking today.   We picked a half bushel of beautiful Cortlands at our favorite orchard, and I can't wait to start cooking with them. 

I was certainly in an apple mood this weekend.  Here is a project that I worked on yesterday:


 
 
It is an apple from the SVG Cuts Miss Baker's Classroom set.  I made the flower using the basic shapes in SCAL.  The oak leaf is also from SVG Cuts.
 
You probably know that I love my Distress Inks, and this weekend, I discovered how great they are for extending my paper collection.  I had papers that I really wanted to use for this apple, but they were just a bit too pink.  I grabbed a couple of Distress Inks and an applicator, and turned them into a more apple-y red. 
 
 
Wishing you a crafty week,
 
Elizabeth
 


2 comments:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!