Monday, May 14, 2012

Clean and Simple meets Distress

Hi!

As you may have noticed, I have been making a few Tim Holtz inspired cards lately.  I love his Distress Inks, and all that I have learned to do with them, but my usual style is more clean and simple.  I decided to try to use my ever growing collection of distress inks to make a "clean and simple" card. 
I was noodling around last night with Make the Cut and the new Open Path Fonts available from Lettering Delights.  I made a row of flowers from the Doodlebat LD Flowerpower.  I used a pen tool in my Black Cat Cougar to draw the flowers with a ball point pen on a strip of white cardstock.  Then I colored them by painting them with a water brush and Distress Reinkers in shades of pink.  I used a foam applicator to add some layers of brown Distress inks.

I used the pen tool again to add lettering to a piece of kraft paper, which I layered with the same Distress Ink colors that I used on the flower strip.  While it was still damp from the ink, I ran the top part through my embossing machine to give it some more texture.  I adhered everything to an A2 card base, and voila, a "distressed clean and simple" card.  I thought that these were mutually exclusive design techniques, but I kind of like it.

I used these colors of Distress Inks:
Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy

Hope you all have a great week!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed that you used your pen tool....I am so lazy with my kitty. Love your distressing!! The flowers turned out fabby!! Sounds and looks like you had a lot of fun making your card! Love the embossing and your color scheme!!
    Hugs!!
    Thank you for the blog hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!